Thursday, March 29, 2012

Distributed insert on oracle DB does not work from within a transaction.

Dear All,

I have MS SQL 2000 on Windows 2000 box and Oracle 9i on RH Linux 9.

I wanna write a trigger on MS SQL which inserts a record in the Oracle table.

So I have configured a Linked server on MS SQL using Microsoft OLE DB provider MSDAORA and am able to insert into (Single insert st) oracle table successfully from the Query Analyzer.

However the insert does not work when I code it in the trigger. Basically insert on the Oracle DB does not work from a transaction.
I receive the foll error when the trigger executes -

Server: Msg 7391, Level 16, State 1, Procedure AIN_sql2ora, Line 14
The operation could not be performed because the OLE DB provider 'MSDAORA' was unable to begin a distributed transaction.

Can anyone help me on this ?

Regards,
Azhar.set implicit transactions off

No comments:

Post a Comment