Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Distribute backup on multiple disks

I know ew can distribute backup files on multiple disks.
is there a way to specify the size also ? to illustrate :
my backup size is 105 GB. I want to specify to save xGB on
Disk1 and rest on disk2 . Is it poosible ? Any hellp will
be highly appreciated>--Original Message--
>I know ew can distribute backup files on multiple disks.
>is there a way to specify the size also ? to illustrate :
>my backup size is 105 GB. I want to specify to save xGB
on
>Disk1 and rest on disk2 . Is it poosible ? Any hellp will
>be highly appreciated
>.
>
Reply:
Opps on that last reply, you said backup files, and I was
thinking database files. Sorry about that.|||When you strip your backup to multiple files, these files seem to be of
similar size. As the result, you can take advantage of this observation. For
instance, if you want about 34GB on disk1 and the other on disk2, you can
issue the following:
BACKUP DATABASE <yourDB> to disk='DiskDrive1\yourDB.bak',
disk='DiskDrive2\yourDB1.bak',
disk='DiskDrive2\yourDB2.bak'
--
Linchi Shea
linchi_shea@.NOSPAMml.com
"Debasish" <debasish.paul@.karma-group.com> wrote in message
news:09aa01c38216$e87a5ad0$a101280a@.phx.gbl...
> I know ew can distribute backup files on multiple disks.
> is there a way to specify the size also ? to illustrate :
> my backup size is 105 GB. I want to specify to save xGB on
> Disk1 and rest on disk2 . Is it poosible ? Any hellp will
> be highly appreciatedsql

No comments:

Post a Comment